- 1. Classic Macramé knots and patterns from ancient times
- Macramé stripe - Arabic subject. Macramé is an Arabic word, signifying an ornamental fringe or trimming, which has been adopted as the term for a certain kind of hand-work, known also as «knotted fringe» ...
- Created on 28 December 2014
- 2. About Macrame
- ... of macrame date to the 13th century, when Arabian rug makers tied off their finished rugs with knotted fringe. The word macrame comes from this practice. It means fringe in Arabic. By the early 14th and ...
- Created on 01 August 2013